Our Ethos and Values
Welcome to you and your child to Thistly Meadow Primary School – a school that grows together.
Starting school is a life changing time for children and here at Thistly Meadow, we will strive to do our best to make your child’s time here inspiring and memorable. We are a committed and talented staff who share the goals of wanting to give your child the best possible start in life.
To inspire with the joy of lifelong learning.
Our aims for children
We promote high achievement by working with children to:
- Be happy, highly motivated lifelong learners
- Achieve their very best in all areas of the curriculum
- Develop enquiring minds, creativity and a spirit of curiosity
- Develop self-confidence, self-esteem, self-reliance and self-respect
- Respect themselves, others and the world in which they live
- Be able to work collaboratively and independently
- Extend themselves in mind, body and spirit
- Develop flexibility, adaptability, technological and problem-solving skills required for the modern world
Our mission for the school
We support our aims by:
- Providing a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum which aims to support the needs of all pupils
- Providing a rich programme of extra-curricular activities and visits
- Creating a stimulating, active and well-resourced learning environment
- Working collaboratively towards common goals
- Developing a learning partnership between home, school and the community
- Providing a variety of teaching and learning styles to stimulate all
- Developing a cycle of target setting and review by each child, class and school
- Creating a tolerant, caring, supportive environment which promotes equality and mutual respect, awareness of world events and supports British values
- Offering an ethos of challenge, support and encouragement to succeed
I look forward to meeting and welcoming you into our school and thank you in advance for your support.
Executive Head Teacher