We currently have the following vacancies:
We are seeking a skilled Administrator, ideally with experience of working within a busy school office, to provide a professional, friendly first point of contact for pupils, parents and visitors, dealing and responding to enquiries efficiently. The successful applicant will work with the School Business Manager to deliver high-quality and effective administrative support and front of house services and one who will make a positive contribution to the ethos and development of the school.
The post is for 35 hours per week, working from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday for 40 weeks per year (term time plus two weeks working during holiday periods).
Salary: Grade 6, pay point range 12-15 hour £17,790 - £18,849 (pro-rata)
Start date: As soon as possible
We are looking for a person with:
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent, to include English and Maths at grade A-C.
- Experience of using MS Word, Excel, Office 365. SIMS and FMS desirable
- Experience of financial administration and cash handing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to prioritise your work
- Able to work effectively both as a team member and on your own
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Being part of an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school with an excellent reputation
- The opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted Breakfast and After School Club
- Training and career development opportunities, in house and external
- An occupational sick pay scheme
- Access to a range of local and national discounts on shopping, eating out, bus travel, health clubs and much more
If you would like to apply for the post, please submit the following to the school:
- A completed application form
- A letter of application addressed to Mr C Bowpitt, Executive Head teacher, clearly stating why you think you should be considered for this post and what you can bring to the role
You can download the application form and job description here:
The last date for the acceptance of applications is:
Friday 8th February 2019 at 3.30pm
(either by post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact Mrs Gordon, Business Manager, by telephone on 0116 2775648.
Please note: Interview will take place during the week commencing Monday 11th February. If you have not heard from us by Tuesday 12th February, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. If you are invited to attend for interview, references will be taken up prior to the interview date.
Thistly Meadow Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this post.