COVID-19 (Coronavirus) updates
This page is to share information about the measures we are taking to keep all of the school community safe during the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak and is updated regularly and when we receive guidance from the UK government, the DfE and Public Health England.
The new school year arrangements from 24th August 2021 under Step 4 of the roadmap are as follows:
- Children will no longer be in bubbles
- Children under 18 and adults who are fully vaccinated will no longer be required to self-isolate. NHS Test and Trace will identify close contacts and we will no longer issue letters to parents requesting their child/bubble is to isolate. In exceptional cases we may be required to help with identifying close contacts. If you or your child have symptoms of COVID-19 please do not come to school and follow the government guidance https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection
If your child displays symptoms of COVID-19 we will contact you and ask you to collect them straightaway.
- Children who are required to self-isolate will continue to receive remote education using ClassDojo.
- We will continue with regular cleaning and hand washing, with plenty of ventilation in school.
- School trips and swimming will resume.
- Please continue to contact the school by telephone or email and only visit the school office if absolutely necessary. If you do need to get in touch with your child’s teacher, please contact the school office who will be able to arrange a return telephone call for you.
- We continue to request that parents do not come onto the school site in the morning but parents will be able to come onto the school grounds at home time and as before, only one parent drops off/collects please. Once your child is in school please make your way home straight away. Please see the detail below for the start and end of the school day.
COVID measures in school
We have clear proocedures in place and school will be a safe place for your child. We continue to undertake enhanced cleaning, regular hand washing and ventilation throiughout the school. Our planning is underpinned by the DfE’s advice on effective infection protection and control and guidance from the local authority. We will continue to update our risk assessments in line with the latest guidance.
It may be necessary to implement some additional measures in school, should we have an outbreak, as directed by the local Health Protection team. Please see our outbreak management plan for more information:
Links to official guidance
COVID 19 Guidance and support https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
What to do if you have symptoms https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/
Catch up and recovery
In June 2020 the government announced £1 billion of funding to support children and young people to catch up on missed learning caused by coronavirus (COVID19). This is especially important for the most vulnerable pupils and pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds who we know have been most affected.
Please click on the link below for our Catch up report: